We provided a range of activities including:
- Lunch groups with entertainment and activities
- Tuesday walking group
- Men’s coffee morning
- Ladies afternoon tea group
- Bus outings to local and interstate destinations
- Shopping trips.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible you must:
- Live in Chifley, Curtin, Deakin, Farrer, Garran, Hughes, Isaacs, Lyons, Mawson, O'Malley, Pearce, Phillip, Torrens or Yarralumla
- Be aged over 65 years or over 50 years for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Require low level, basic service
- Not be receiving support through the National Disability Insurance Scheme or an aged care package.
Service user contributions
Service users are required to pay a contribution towards the cost of services they receive from WCS for Social Groups & Bus Outings. We recognise that sometimes circumstances may make it difficult to pay some or all of the contributions for service and we will always look at individual situations.
How to access Social Groups & Bus Outings
You will need to contact ‘My Aged Care’ on 1800 200 422 and get an over the phone assessment. Please nominate ‘Woden Community Service’ as your preferred service provider.