We are currently seeking a qualified and passionate Assistant Driver to support our Community Transport Team at WCS in providing a quality transport service in accordance with the Aged Care Quality Standards to assist people who are ageing and/or have a disability to access and remain active in the community.
- Casual basis
- Based in Woden and travel within Canberra
- Generous salary packaging benefit
- Vibrant and fun-loving team
About the role
- Provide safe and appropriate community transport to meet the needs and goals of service users as directed by the Transport Coordinator.
- Respond to the needs of ageing people and/or people with a disability in a kind and professional manner.
- Be part of community activities to enable service users to remain active within the community.
- Ensure the organisation’s motor vehicles are used responsibly and safely in accordance with the transport and fleet policies and procedures.
- Collect financial contributions from service users, daily and hand this to the Coordinator at the end of each shift.
Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to provide sensitive and appropriate support to people who are ageing and/or have a disability.
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate clearly with service users.
- Current ACT drivers licence applicable to both manual and automatic transmissions and an exemplary driving record.
- Computer literate in a “windows” environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of personal and professional boundaries, ethical behaviour, policies and procedures.
- Current ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration.
- Up to date COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory
Please visit our website at https://www.wcs.org.au/join-our-team/vacancies for a full position description.
To apply, please email your current resume and a one-page statement detailing your relevant skills and experience for this role by applying HERE by COB Friday 2 September 2022.
You can view a full copy of the Position Description for the role HERE
For further information, please contact Hope McMahon, Manager Aged Care, on 6147 3308.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.