Woden Community Service is a child safe organisation, committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of children entrusted to our care. We demonstrate this commitment through embedding of the Child Safe Standards in culture, policies, procedures and practice.
We are seeking a committed and inspiring Diploma Qualified Educator to join our team on a permanent full-time basis. Come and work in a space where the environment is set up to encourage children’s learning, agency and play.
The successful candidate will have Diploma of Children’s Services, experienced in the delivery of quality care and education to children based, on the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Permanent full-time hours
- Annual salary of $57,279 depending on qualifications and experience plus 10.5% superannuation
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per year) plus meal and entertainment cards
- Paid shutdown leave on standard working days between Christmas and New Year
- Study Leave for permanent employees
- 24/7 nationally recognised Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including 3 additional holistic service sessions
- Uniforms, ongoing professional development and a supportive team environment
Skills and Experience
- Diploma of Children’s Services (Early Childhood Education and Care)
- Current First Aid Certificate in an education and care setting (HLTAID004 or HLTAID012) including Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Extensive skills, knowledge and experience in early childhood development
- Considerable experience in documentation and planning in accordance to the Early Years Learning Framework.
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team
- Ensuring compliance with processes and documentations
- Strong understanding of the importance of communication with families and guardians
- Enthusiastic ‘Can Do’ attitude.
Under WCS policy, staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. During the recruitment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status or approved exemption.
Also to be eligible for employment, you must also have a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card, working rights in Australia, and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
Click HERE for Position Description.
For further information please email: Nishi.Chatley@wcs.org.au
To apply, Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the essential requirements of this role HERE . Applications without this requirement will not be considered.
Applications close 02 September 2022.
For more information about WCS and services that we provide, including Youth & Family, Community Development, Housing and Homelessness, Disability, Mental Health and Aged Care, please visit our website at www.wcs.org.au .
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.