Woden Community Service is funded under the Commonwealth Home Support Program to provide a suite of entry level aged care services for eligible people.
We are currently recruiting Home Support Workers to provide domestic assistance, personal care, individual social and shopping support to older individuals to allow them to lead fulfilling lives and avoid premature need for aged care facilities.
- Part-time and Casual employment available
- Hourly rate ranges from $24.50 to $38.08 based on qualifications and part-time or casual positions
- Salary packaging benefits
- Mileage payment for use of own car
- Training provided with opportunities for career progression
About the role
- Work alongside our clients to enable them to achieve their goals in line with their individual service goals.
- Work alongside clients to maximise their independence, self-esteem and confidence using a person-centred approach.
- Assist clients in their shopping and other daily needs.
- Provide personal care to clients to ensure hygiene and comfort.
- Domestic duties including cleaning and assisting clients in maintaining their residences.
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant community sector-based knowledge.
- Able to establish rapport and build and maintain sound relationships with individuals, carers and families based on mutual respect and trust.
- Understanding and appreciation of the importance of personal and professional boundaries, privacy and confidentiality and ethical behaviour.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Certificate III in Individual Support – Ageing or Ageing and Disability will be highly regarded.
If you have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Registration, ACT Drivers licence, access to a reliable, comprehensively insured vehicle and work rights in Australia we would love to hear from you.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment psychometric assessment including a National Police Check.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
A full Position Description is available outlining the knowledge, skills and experience
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further, please contact Hope McMahon at Hope.McMahon@wcs.org.au.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.