Woden Community Service (WCS) is a for-purpose organisation providing community-based services for over 50 years. Our vision, a caring community where everyone belongs, our purpose, building connected communities and enriching people’s lives.
This a great opportunity to be part of a dedicated People & Culture team committed to fostering an environment that values inclusion, compassion, hope, responsiveness, integrity and social justice.
- Permanent full-time or part time position (flexible)
- Salary range $89,046.41 to $93,080.34 p.a. (pro rata) depending on skills and experience.
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- 10 days study leave per year
- Generous salary packaging benefits
You are motivated, organised and have experience in a fast-paced environment. You love the challenge of juggling multiple priorities and proactively keeping abreast of contemporary HR practices.
- Provide support to hiring managers in relation to recruitment, including drafting vacancy advertisements and posting the ads on the WCS website and relevant external sites.
- Ensure that onboarding documents/IDs, pre-employment screening and checks are complete prior to offer.
- Prepare and issue employment contracts and new starter packs for successful candidates.
- Collate all recruitment paperwork and create electronic personnel files, inputting new employee profile onto the WCS HR information system.
- Organise and coordinate new employee induction sessions.
- Provide administrative support to the People and Culture team. This includes maintaining online and paper documentation, employee records, archiving and updating information on the Learning and Development Hub.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive probation records for new employees.
- Assist with employee learning and development needs including research of course options, course bookings, support of in-house training and record keeping.
- Contribute to managing the shared HR email inbox
- Support work health and safety and workers compensation processes and documentation requirements.
- Assist HRA’s with any reporting requirements including human resource statistical reports as required by the Executive or government legislation.
- Administration support for HR systems including maintaining employee records on iChris/HRIS.
- Assist with the review and update of HR policies and procedures.
- Contribute as an effective team member by sharing information, supporting and assisting colleagues in a proactive manner to meet organisation goals and timeframes.
- Provide general administrative support as required.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy standards.
- Contribute to the ongoing evaluation of service delivery by recommending and implementing agreed continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work in accordance with workplace health and safety guidelines and follow the policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Apply workplace Diversity and Equity principles at all times.
- Demonstrated experience in a HR administration or recruitment role (min 2 years).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HR information systems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Sound communication skills (both oral and written) to be able to interact positively with a variety of people.
- Team player, flexible with a positive attitude.
- Ability to exercise judgement and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential enquiries and information.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission, Values and Code of Conduct of Woden Community Service.
How to apply
Please email your resume and a one-page cover letter by 5 December, 2022 HERE.
You can view the position description HERE
If you need more information about this position, please contact Joe Colbert, Deputy Chief Executive Officer at Joe.email@example.com.
Under WCS policy, staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. During the recruitment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status or approved exemption.
To be eligible for employment, you must have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration, working rights in Australia and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.