Woden Community Service is funded under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) to provide a suite of entry level aged care services for eligible people.
We are currently seeking applications for the Intake and Assessment Coordinator, Aged Care position, offering a fixed term full time role. This role is responsible for coordinating and conducting all client intake and reviews for the CHSP Aged Care Services at Woden Community Service (WCS) and ensuring the provision of quality and person-centred support to older people to support independence in their own home.
- Fixed term full time employment until 31 October 2023, with the possibility of being extended
- WCS Level 5
- Training provided with opportunities for career progression
- Generous salary packaging benefits
About the role
- Manage all Commonwealth Home Support Service (CHSP) referrals through the My Aged Care portal and from other agencies for brokerage.
- Conduct the assessment of clients’ needs, suitability for services and eligibility requirements for WCS Aged Care Services, within a person-centred approach and in an active a responsive manner.
- Identify and address risk to staff and clients that are identified through the intake and review process.
- Lead WCS Aged Care Service Intake meeting. Provide a thorough client handover to the relevant program area,
- Ensure compliance with the CHSP Manual and Aged Care Quality Standards through accurate and timely record keeping, and reporting.
- Complete scheduled and urgent reviews for existing clients.
- Embed a reablement approach in service delivery to build on a client’s strengths and goals, with the objective of fostering greater independence and, where possible, less reliance on care services.
- Ensure a professional and friendly experience for service users through consistent high-quality customer service.
- Participate in continuous improvement processes towards the Aged Care Quality Standards, driven by consumer engagement activities such as service user feedback and the annual service users survey.
- Sharing responsibilities for the rotational on call phone which supports the on-call roster for support staff. This would operate between 6am-9am weekdays with calls being received in an adhoc manner.
- Actively participate and contribute in staff/team meetings and activities.
- Engage in the ongoing professional development through training, reflective practice and supervision.
- Work in accordance with workplace health and safety guidelines and following WCS’ Policies and Procedures.
- Apply workplace Diversity and Equity principles.
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in Aged Care Services, disability or similar community services.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) including a friendly and approachable phone manner.
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of the issues effecting older service users, their families and carers.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of the importance of personal and professional boundaries, privacy and confidentiality and ethical behaviour.
- Proactive and hands-on approach.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective organisational and time management skills.
- Computer and data base skills.
Current drivers licence, current ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration, COVID-19 vaccination and National Police Check
If you have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Registration, ACT Drivers licence, access to a reliable, comprehensively insured vehicle and work rights in Australia we would love to hear from you.
Under WCS policy, staff are required to have up to date vaccination against COVID-19. During the recruitment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status or approved exemption.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment psychometric assessment including a National Police Check.
To apply, please submit your application here by 6 October 2022. If a suitable applicant is successful in their application prior to this date the recruitment may close early.
A full Position description is available outlining the knowledge, skills and experience required.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further, please contact Hope McMahon at Hope.McMahon@wcs.org.au.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.