Would you like to make a difference to your community? A unique opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and positive person to join Woden Community Service’s (WCS) Onelink team as Assessment and Support Coordinator. Our generous employment value proposition includes paid leave over Christmas, salary packaging and ongoing professional development.
OneLink is the ACT’s central intake service which provides information, referral for individuals and families to access services that they need, particularly related to accommodation. We work with information and connections for support services in the ACT who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. This includes services for families and young people.
This position provides holistic assessment of individuals seeking information and support through OneLink, Canberra’s central intake service.
- At OneLink you will, see people as people, and encourage them to live their best lives through referral and advocacy.
- Implement relational and conversational assessment.
- We work within a trauma informed and strengths-based practice maintaining clients at the centre and respecting them as experts in their own lives.
- You will be working in a friendly and supportive environment where people and performance are valued. We have developed a highly skilled team that embraces a culture of growth and teamwork.
- Full time (38 hours per week), fixed term until 30 January 2025.
- Salary range $94,160.83 – $98,422.85 p.a. (depending on qualifications and experience) plus 11% superannuation.
- Paid leave over the Christmas/New Year shut down period.
- Based at Belconnen with travel within ACT to provide outreach services.
- Salary packaging up to $15,899 per Fringe Benefits Tax year, with an additional Meals and Entertainment package available up to $2,650 per Fringe Benefits Tax year.
- 24/7 Nationally recognised Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including 3 holistic sessions (Nutritional, Financial and Legal).
- Ongoing professional development and a supportive team environment.
Experience & Qualifications
- Diploma in a relevant discipline area, for example, Social Work, Community Services, Drug and Alcohol, Disability, Mental Health etc.; OR Certificate IV with extensive experience in a relevant field.
- Experience working with vulnerable people through case work, referrals and outreach.
- Able to use strengths-based practice, person centred approaches and trauma informed practice.
- Accurate and efficient data entry.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Ability to work one weekend a month (penalty rates apply).
A full Position Description is available outlining the knowledge, skills and experience for this position.
To be eligible for employment, you must also have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card, working rights in Australia, and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
To apply, if you are interested in joining our Team, please submit your current resume and a one-page cover letter addressing the following questions via Seek:
- Outline your skills and experience working in a high paced, busy environment, and
- Describe your skills and experience in connecting and engaging with people with multiple and complex support needs.
Applications close: 16 February 2024
For more information about WCS and services that we provide, including Youth & Family, Community Development, Housing and Homelessness, Disability, Mental Health and Aged Care, please visit our website at www.wcs.org.au
Woden Community Service (WCS) is a for-purpose organisation that has been providing community-based services for over 50 years. Our vision of ‘A caring community where everyone belongs’ is achieved through our values of Inclusion, Compassion, Hope, Responsiveness, Integrity and Social Justice.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.