Woden Community Service (WCS) is registered with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) under the NDIS, providing a wide range of Direct Support Services in the community. We support people of all ages and abilities. Our team comes from a multidisciplinary background, and together have an in-depth knowledge of the community sector in the ACT.
We are seeking experienced Support Workers on a casual basis
- To provide one on one and group based supports as required, to assist people living with a disability and/or mental health issues to achieve their NDIS goals and aspirations.
- To work with participants to maximise their self-esteem and independence using a person-centred approach through a variety of social, educational and recreational activities.
- To build supportive and respectful relationships with people living with a disability, their families and external community-based programs and services.
- To work collaboratively with support coordinators and direct services teams to co-design capacity building and recovery plans for participants with physical, intellectual or psychosocial disabilities.
What we offer
- Hourly rate $40.26 inclusive of 25% casual loading.
- Mileage payment for use of own car.
- Workforce Essentials Training towards professional development.
- Minimum Cert III in Community Services or a related field.
- Availability to work at least 15 hours per week.
- Current ACT WWVP registration with NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Current driver’s license.
- National Police Check or willing to obtain one.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Access to a reliable, comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Working rights in Australia.
How to apply
To submit your application you can click HERE
A full Position Description is available outlining the knowledge, skills and experience.
For further information, please email Louise Kearins, Outreach Team Leader: Mikayela.Hill@wcs.org.au
Note: to be eligible for employment, NDIS workers are required to hold an ACT WWVP NDIS Worker Screening Check, working rights in Australia and be willing to undertake a police check.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.