Woden Community Service (WCS) is an established for purpose provider of disability, mental health and aged care services for our community. WCS proudly celebrated 50 years of service to the Canberra community in 2019. Our vision is ‘A caring community where everyone belongs’ achieved through our values of Inclusion, Compassion, Hope, Social Justice, Integrity and Responsiveness.
We are currently recruiting for Reception and Administration Officers who will be the first point of contact for WCS. There are part-time and casual positions available until 30 June 2023.
The Reception and Administration Officer role plays an important part in effectively engaging community members who seek information or support from WCS. The position/s sit within the Community Engagement Team and provides administrative and reception support for Woden Community Service including the Community Engagement Team.
About the role
- Welcoming and friendly engagement with community members presenting at WCS front office.
- Attend and respond to all general enquiries about our services and provide accurate information.
- Conduct intake processes, initial assessment and referrals using in-depth knowledge of WCS and external services.
- Apply strengths’ based, trauma informed and culturally sensitive practices.
- Provide support to vulnerable people who may be in crisis and experiencing complex needs and deescalate disruptive situations effectively.
- Ensure current and comprehensive knowledge of WCS programs.
- Engage in the ongoing improvement of own knowledge and skills through self-learning and attending agreed training programs and reflective practice.
- Provide administrative support to WCS and the Community Engagement Team
- Be an active member of the Community Engagement Team and support strategic direction of the team.
- Contribute as an effective team member by sharing information, supporting and assisting colleagues in a proactive manner to meet goals and timeframes.
- Participate in the ongoing improvement of quality service delivery.
- Ensure orderliness and cleanliness of the reception area at all times.
Skills and Experience Required
- Positive and friendly demeanour
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with people from diverse ethnic and social backgrounds, people experiencing mental illness and other complex issues.
- Experience in providing service information, conducting assessments and making referrals
- Experience working in a fast paced changing environment that requires effective organisation skills.
- Practical experience working with the Microsoft Office suite products
- Experience with databases and systems, or an ability to quickly learn
What we offer
- Fixed term position until 30 June 2023
- 22.5 hours a week, Monday to Wednesday 9am – 5pm
- Salary $67,478.63- $70,914.41 pa (pro-rata), dependent on qualifications and experience
- Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm when required
- $42.55 per hour WCS 4.1
How to apply:
For further information, please contact Shannon Wood at Shannon.Wood@wcs.org.au. Applications close COB 5 October 2022.
Under WCS policy, staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. During the recruitment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status or approved exemption.
To be eligible for employment, you must have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration, working rights in Australia and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.