WCS are currently seeking an efficent and knowledgeable Project Officer - Community Development to facilitate the delivery of community development, place-making and capacity building initiatives through a range of innovative and proactive methods.
Your role will also involve:
- Developing and implementing projects in line with ACT Government Funding
- Fostering positive relationships with key stakeholders in ACT Government and other community organisations
- Representing WCS to external parties, nurturing strategic relationships and partnerships and promoting opportunities for improved service outcomes
- Being accountable for managing financial resources of the service area by developing budgets effectively and monitoring expenditure
- Encouraging ways of working across service boundaries to improve service delivery
For a full description of this role including the key accountabilities, please see the attached Position Description.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and professional who is looking to make a real change to the state of service delivery in the local Community Sector.
A sound knowledge of community development practices, demonstrated experience in supporting individuals in disadvantaged communities and excellent communication and interpersonal skills will allow you to be successful in this role.
You will also possess a proven ability to establish and maintain service networks and work collaboratively with others, experience with group facilitation and a reliable, punctual and mature attitude to work, including the ability to effectively manage own workload and commitment to continuing professional development.
How to apply:
This is an exciting time to join the WCS Access and Support team as they continue to grow and improve their service offerings to the Woden Community.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further, please contact Kim Spinks on (02) 6234 6848.
WCS encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.