Flexible working hours available - 7 days a week
Support and assist people living with a disability or experiencing mental illness to achieve their NDIS goals and aspirations.
Build supportive, respectful relationships with people, their families and community based programs and services.
About the role
• Work with participants to maximise their self-esteem and independence
• Engage in a variety of social, educational and recreational activities
• Form genuine and trusting relationships with participants and their families
• Work with people one on one and in group based supports
What we offer
• Flexible work hours, 7 days/week between 7 am and 7 pm
• Casual positions salary range $26.10/hour - $34.60/hour depending on skills and experience
• Mileage payment for use of own car
• Training provided with opportunities for career progression
Experience and skills
• Able to establish rapport and build supportive relationships using person-centred and strength-based approaches
• Qualification in disability/community services/mental health or a relevant area (minimum Certificate III) or be studying towards a relevant certificate
• Experience in community services or working with people in a disability or mental health setting
If you have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Registration, First Aid Certificate, Drivers licence and access to a reliable, comprehensively insured vehicle and work rights in Australia we would love to hear from you.
Please click HERE for the position description.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.