Lyon’s Children's Centre and Lollipop Early Learning Centre in Woden have opportunities for motivated and enthusiastic Educators to work in our long day care services.
Support an inclusive, safe and caring environment for all children through the delivery of quality care and education to children based on the Early Years Learning Framework approach.
Casual positions available Mondays to Fridays 7.30 am to 6 pm.
Hourly rate from $27.18 plus superannuation.
About the role
• Assist in providing a high quality program for all children by following Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) approaches.
• Perform various tasks based on the Educator’s role in each room e.g. supervision of children, running activities, cleaning and food preparation.
• Provide and support an inclusive environment for all children including those with additional needs.
• Support the team to ensure the children are safe, secure and their individual needs are met at all times.
• Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of parents, students, educators and children at all times.
Skills and experience
• Commitment to providing high quality care to children with a pro-active and hands-on approach.
• Certificate 3 in early education and care or currently studying this qualification.
• Understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standards is desirable.
• Good communication skills, including written skills and fluency in English.
• Current Working with Vulnerable People’s card.
• First Aid Certificate with Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
Click HERE for a position description.
How to apply
For further information please contact Chriss at Lyons on 6142 0054 or Nishi at Lollipop on 6282 2644.
Please note: applicants must have work rights in Australia and a current ACT Working With Vulnerable People card.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.