Various ACT locations
$26.00-28.00 per hour
Woden Community Service (WCS) is a for purpose organisation that has been providing community-based services for 50 years. Our vision is 'a vibrant and connected community' achieved through our values of Hope, Community, Integrity and Responsiveness.
Our OSHC services provide children with recreation-based activities with emphasis on social interaction and a sense of fun in a safe and secure environment. A range of activities are offered including crafts, sports, games, dramatic play, nature based play, cooking and excursions.
We have OSHC services at various locations around the ACT, before and after school hours and school holiday work available. The rate of pay is $26.00-$28.00 per hour depending on experience.
Experience working with primary school aged children in any capacity will be highly regarded e.g. volunteer, school leadership roles, clubs and activities. If you have a genuine interest in working with children and an understanding of children's development, we would love to hear from you.
Click HEREfor a position description.
You will need:
- to be reliable and proactive
- to have great verbal and written English skills
- a commitment to providing quality care and support to children and families
- an understanding of the National Quality Standards, the My Time, Our Place, and Early Years Learning frameworks
- availability to work from 7:15-9:00 am and 2:00-6:00 pm weekdays
- a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- a current National Police Check.
Note: applications that do not provide the requested documentation may not be considered. To be eligible for employment, you must have working rights in Australia and a national police check.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.