The Mental Health team at Woden Community Service has a full-time opportunity for a qualified and committed Support Coordinator for the Way Back Support Service (WBSS).
The WBSS is delivered to individuals who have recently been admitted to hospital following a suicide attempt. The Support Coordinator will hold a participant caseload and deliver non-clinical recovery focused care and practical support to individuals for up to 12 weeks.
About the Support Service
The WBSS is an assertive aftercare follow-up service available to support people in the first few months following a suicide attempt. The service is a Beyond Blue initiative funded by ACT Health and donations to Beyond Blue.
The WBSS is provided through Woden Community Service and aims to create positive change to its participants by:
• enhancing motivation to engage with services for safe living and assisting with following hospital discharge plans;
• developing a safety plan collaboratively to identify resources to cope with emotional distress while considering physical, emotional, and social wellbeing;
• developing a support plan collaboratively that proposes actions and interventions planned to address identified needs and goals including referrals to be made;
• establishing and strengthening links to community services based on needs and circumstances to help the journey to recovery.
• Full time 38 hours per week.
• Work in a highly skilled, supportive and dedicated team.
• Professional development and extensive training provided.
• Fixed term until 30th June 2022 with possible extension.
• Paid shutdown leaves on standard working days between Christmas and New Year.
• Study leave opportunities.
• Monthly external supervision with choice of provider.
• Salary $74,416.79 pa plus 10% Super.
• Salary packaging option up to $15,899 per Fringe Benefits Tax year, with an additional Meals and Entertainment package available up to $2,650 per Fringe Benefits Tax year.
Click Here for a detailed position description.
To apply, please email your updated resume and a cover letter Here. Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment psychometric assessment including a National Police Check.
Last date to receive applications for this position is Monday 25th October 2021. For further information please contact Steven Morrison on Mb: 0437 988 344.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.