Do you enjoy working with participants with disability and mental illness? If you are someone who enjoys supporting people to reach their life goals and can work within the NDIS framework then this role is for you.
• Full time Fixed term until 31 Jan 2023
• Based in Woden, immediate start
• Salary $66,368.52 p.a. plus 10% super
• Generous salary packaging benefits
• Access to EAP Services
As a NDIS Service Delivery Engagement Officer you will ensure the effective implementation of recovery-oriented and capacity building activities, co-designed by the NDIS participant and their Support Coordinator.
You will develop a wide range of activities that empower participants to live a fulfilling life in the community. You will monitor and maximise the participant’s NDIS budget allocated to Woden Community Service to enhance their quality of life. You will build long-term respectful relationships with participants, guardians and other service providers and mainstream services.
For a full description of the position please click Here.
Skills and Experience
• Experience in providing direct and personalised assistance through outreach services, monitoring and reporting progress.
• Ability to build supportive respectful relationships with people experiencing significant life challenges, their family members and carers.
• Ability to build and maintain respectful and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including government organisations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
Minimum Certificate III in Business/Administration/community Services / Mental Health, Disability or the willingness to engage in a traineeship.
If you have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Registration and a NDIS Worker Screening Check, Current First Aid Certificate, Drivers licence, National Police Check, working rights in Australia and are fully COVID Vaccinated we would love to hear from you.
To apply - email a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience match this position and your resume here by Monday, 18 January 2022.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.