Woden Community Service’s (WCS), Mental Health & Wellbeing team is currently entering an exciting new phase of expansion. A number of positions are being made available in suicide prevention, the National Psychosocial Support Measure and in our Hoarding and Advocacy Support Service.
Right now, we have a full-time opportunity for a qualified and committed Support Coordinator for the Way Back Support Service (WBSS).
Way Back Support Coordinator
The WBSS is delivered to individuals who have recently been admitted to hospital following a suicide attempt. The Support Coordinator will hold a participant caseload and deliver non-clinical recovery focused care and practical support to participants of the program for up to 12 weeks.
About the Support Service
The WBSS is an assertive aftercare follow-up service available to support people in the first few months following a suicide attempt. The service is a Beyond Blue initiative funded by Capital Health Network and ACT Health and donations to Beyond Blue.
The WBSS is provided through WCS and aims to create positive change to its participants by:
- enhancing motivation to engage with services for safe living and assisting with following hospital discharge plans;
- developing a safety plan collaboratively to identify resources to cope with emotional distress while considering physical, emotional, and social wellbeing;
- developing a support plan collaboratively that proposes actions and interventions planned to address identified needs and goals including referrals to be made;
- establishing and strengthening links to community services based on needs and circumstances to help the journey to recovery.
- Full time 38 hours per week.
- Work in a highly skilled, supportive and dedicated team.
- Professional development and extensive training provided.
- Monthly external supervision with choice of provider.
- Paid shutdown leave on standard working days between Christmas and New Year.
- Study leave opportunities.
- National EAP Service
- Salary $74,416.79 pa plus 10% Super.
- Salary packaging option up to $15,899 per Fringe Benefits Tax year, with an additional Meals and Entertainment package available up to $2,650 per Fringe Benefits Tax year.
Click HERE for a detailed position description.
To apply, please email your updated resume and a cover letter HERE by Monday 6 June 2022.
For further information please contact Steven Morrison on Mb: 0437 988 344.
To be eligible for employment, you must have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card, working rights in Australia, and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment psychometric assessment including a National Police Check.
Under WCS policy, staff are required to have an up to date COVID 19 vaccination. During the recruitment process you will be asked to confirm your vaccination status or approved exemption.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.