The Mental Health team at Woden Community Service has a full-time opportunity for a qualified and committed Team Leader for the Way Back Support Service (WBSS).
The WBSS Team Leader is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the service, staff support and supervision, quality improvement, and a caseload as required. The Team Leader assists the manager to build strong collaborative relationships to identify operational and strategic opportunities within the service and implement continuous improvement strategies.
About the Support Service
The WBSS is an assertive aftercare follow-up service available to support people in the first few months following a suicide attempt. The service is a Beyond Blue initiative funded by ACT Health and donations to Beyond Blue.
The WBSS is provided through Woden Community Service and aims to create positive change to its participants by:
- enhancing motivation to engage with services for safe living and assisting with following hospital discharge plans;
- developing a safety plan collaboratively to identify resources to cope with emotional distress while considering physical, emotional, and social wellbeing;
- developing a support plan collaboratively that proposes actions and interventions planned to address identified needs and goals including referrals to be made;
- establishing and strengthening links to community services based on needs and circumstances to help the journey to recovery.
- Full time 38 hours per week.
- Lead a highly skilled, supportive and dedicated team.
- Professional development and extensive training provided.
- Paid shutdown leave on standard working days between Christmas and New Year.
- Study leave opportunities.
- Monthly external supervision with choice of provider.
- Salary $92,999 pa plus 10% Super.
- Salary packaging option up to $15,899 per Fringe Benefits Tax year, with an additional Meals and Entertainment package available up to $2,650 per Fringe Benefits Tax year.
Click HERE for a detailed position description.
To apply, please email your updated resume and a cover letter via Seek HERE .
For further information please contact Steven Morrison on Mb: 0437 988 344.
Last date to receive applications for this position is Tuesday 28 June 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment psychometric assessment including a National Police Check.
To be eligible for employment, you must also have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card, working rights in Australia, and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
Under WCS policy, staff are required to have an up to date COVID 19 vaccination. During the recruitment process you will be asked to confirm your vaccination status or approved exemption.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.