Woden Community Service is a child safe organisation, committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of children entrusted to our care. We demonstrate this commitment through embedding of the Child Safe Standards in culture, policies, procedures and practice.
We are seeking committed and inspiring Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) Coordinators to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis.
Our OSHC services provide children with recreation-based activities with emphasis on social interaction and a sense of fun in a safe and secure environment. A range of activities are offered including art, sports, games, dramatic play, nature-based play, cooking and excursions.
If you have a passion for providing a supportive environment for children and families, we’d love to hear from you!
- Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- $72,244.31 – $74,044.06 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience), plus 10.5% superannuation
- Broken shift allowance (where applicable)
- Paid shutdown leave on standard working days between Christmas and New Year
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per year) plus meal and entertainment cards
- Study Leave for permanent employees
- 24/7 nationally recognised Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including 3 additional holistic service sessions
- Uniforms, ongoing professional development and a supportive team environment
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Education and /or Early Childhood.
- Extensive skills, knowledge and experience in OSHC, including demonstrated use of the My Time, Our Place and Early Years Learning Framework.
- Experience working with children with a disability.
- Current first aid certificate (HLTAID012) in education and care setting, including asthma and anaphylaxis.
- Highly effective interpersonal, leadership and people management skills.
To be eligible for employment, you must also have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card, working rights in Australia, and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
For a full position description please click HERE
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the essential requirements of this role via SEEK.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31 January 2023
For more information about WCS and services that we provide, including Youth & Family, Community Development, Housing and Homelessness, Disability, Mental Health and Aged Care, please visit our website at www.wcs.org.au .
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.