WCS Disability Support understands and promotes your right to choose your life goals and support.
Working in partnership with you, your family and important others, our experienced and friendly staff will work alongside you to:
- Develop and maintain your skills to maximise your independence
- Engage in a range of social, educational and recreational activities
- Work towards employment and/or volunteering opportunities
- Increase your community participation.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
WCS is registered with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) under the NDIS and depending on your NDIS plan we can provide a wide range of supports including:
- Community access
- Group based activities
- Skills development
- Domestic assistance.
For a full list of the services we provide under the NDIS, click here.
Support Connection and Support Coordination
For those with this item in their plan, WCS can provide Support Connection and Support Coordination:
- Support Connection is usually time limited assistance to activate your NDIS plan and to build your capacity to manage your plan on an ongoing basis
- Support Coordination is ongoing assistance to activate, implement and monitor your NDIS plan.
Community Assistance and Support Program (CASP)
This is a program providing a range of basic, low intensity services for people who have a condition that affects their ability to carry out activities of daily living and are aged under 65 years and under 50 years for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are not eligible for the NDIS.
WCS can provide the following services under the CASP:
- Domestic assistance
- Personal care
- One on one social support to assist with shopping etc
- Social groups
- Transport for medical appointments
There are fees for these services however we will never refuse service to eligible persons due to an inability to pay.