Follow on Facebook

Assistance with Care and Housing (ACHA)

Are you a financially disadvantaged older person who needs support around your care or housing needs?

ACHA can assist you to obtain services, housing or care that can assist you to remain living in your community. The assistance offered is practical and tailored to meet your individual needs and circumstances.

This service is for the following people:

  • Aged 65 years and older or over 50 years for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders
  • On a low income
  • A housing ACT tenant, renting, living with family or friends, boarding and/or have some type of housing or homelessness issue
  • Living in Woden Valley, Weston Creek or Tuggeranong.

What can ACHA do?

  • We will link you with housing services and support
  • We will link you to care options and support
  • We will support you to access transport and culturally appropriate care and services.

ACHA is an Australian Government initiative.

Want to know more?

For more information, please phone ACHA on (02) 6234 6836 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Acknowledgement of Country

"Woden Community Service acknowledges the Ngunnawal people as the traditional owners and custodians of this land and their continuing connection to land and community. We also acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who have come from other nations to live on Ngunnawal land. We pay our respects to their cultures, ancestors and Elders past, present and future."