The Continuity of Support (CoS) service aims to provide a better quality of life for participants by building personal skills, resilience and confidence and facilitating social inclusion and connection.
Participants in CoS can access the following services through WCS:
- Individual assistance with referral to services on issues such as housing, finance, vocation skills, accessing affordable or free food
- Responsive individual support during times of increased need such as ensuring access to clinical mental health or psychological services
- Informal drop-in sessions at our Centre which is close to the Woden Bus Interchange
- Activities and opportunities for social connection, such as art and craft, mindfulness, independent living skills, games and activities or physical exercise
- Information sessions on financial counselling, Recovery College, advocacy services or Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) services
- Assistance with re-submitting an NDIS application or seeking a Review of Decision.
Funding of CoS
Woden Community Service (WCS), through the Capital Health Network, has received Commonwealth funding to provide this ongoing support to people who were accessing services as at 30 June 2019 under Partners in Recover (PIR), Day to Day Living program (D2DL) or Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaMs) and who are found to be ineligible for the NDIS.
Your feedback is important to us
CoS has an online satisfaction survey where we welcome your feedback at all times so we can ensure that we are providing the highest level of support: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CoSfeedbacksurvey
For more information about CoS, please call WCS on 02 6282 2644. Ask for Nicole Heinzmann, our CoS Coordinator.