Social workers are uniquely placed to support individuals to build their capacity, resolve areas of concern, and enhance their quality of life. Social workers focus on facilitating empowerment and helping individuals to overcome social or personal barriers to their wellbeing or community participation.
At WCS, our social workers are experienced working with individuals, families, guardians, and support systems to design and implement individualised action plans to bring about positive changes in people’s lives.
For participants with eligible NDIS funding, social workers can assist with:
- Undertaking an initial needs assessment and developing an intervention plan
- Building your capacity to navigate health and welfare systems including Centrelink, ACT Housing, ACT Health, and charitable organisations
- Supporting individuals to be self-advocates, or advocating on their behalf, including liaising with the NDIA and NDIS, Government, and Community organisations
- Time-limited case management and service coordination including providing information and resources to maximise choice and opportunities
- Life stage transition including exploring guardianship arrangements, financial management, accommodation, employment, and post-school activities