Are you looking for NDIS Support Coordination or Direct Support Services?
Woden Community Service can help you take control of your NDIS plan by working with you to:
- Navigate the NDIS and resolve problems or issues that have arisen with NDIS funded supports.
- Ensure you receive optimum benefit from your NDIS funding by helping you find the right service providers and ensuring existing service providers maintain a high-quality service.
- Expand your existing supports, increase your participation in the community and build your existing relationships.
We have two teams providing NDIS direct support services - one providing direct services to people living with a range of disabilities including physical, intellectual and neurological disabilities that focuses on capacity building and the other with expertise in mental health and psychosocial recovery.
Our team will work with you one-on-one and in a group setting towards your NDIS goals. This may include working with you to increase your participation in the community, building your existing relationships, maintaining your health and wellbeing or engaging in paid employment or volunteer opportunities.
We support people of all ages and abilities. Our team comes from a multidisciplinary background, and together have an in-depth knowledge of the community sector in the ACT.
You can see our latest pricing schedule here.
Respite Effect and Recovery
The Respite Effect and Recovery Grants (the Grants), funded under the COVID-19 Disability Strategy, provide financial support to relieve pressures experienced in the home environments of people with disability and their families during the COVID-19 health emergency.
If you’re a person with a disability, or a carer or family member, you may be eligible to access a small amount of funding to help relieve the pressure experienced due to COVID-19.
The Grants aim to support recovery from the COVID experience in aspects of everyday life and can be used to purchase items, activities or supports to a maximum value of $500.
Funds can be used for purchases such as:
- accommodation for time away;
- a subscription (online, magazine or newspaper);
- domestic help such as a spring clean or garden maintenance;
- data or an electronic device,
- food (either through delivery, dining in or as take away);
- support for starting or continuing an interest or hobby that contributes to a person’s wellbeing; or
- other supports that will provide a respite effect or assist with your recovery.
For more information and to apply, visit Grants and Awards | Disability - Community Services (act.gov.au)