Respite Effect and Recovery Grants
WCS has partnered with the Office for Disability to administer and facilitate the government funding for respite and relief. This funding is a government initiative, providing participants with disability with small grants that assist them with managing the effects of COVID19.
The Respite Effect and Recovery Grants (the Grants), funded under the COVID-19 Disability Strategy, provide financial support to relieve pressures experienced in the home environments of people with disability and their families during the COVID-19 health emergency.
If you’re a person with a disability, or a carer or family member, you may be eligible to access a small amount of funding to help relieve the pressure experienced due to COVID-19.
The Grants aim to support recovery from the COVID experience in aspects of everyday life and can be used to purchase items, activities or supports to a maximum value of $500.
Funds can be used for purchases such as:
- accommodation for time away;
- a subscription (online, magazine or newspaper);
- domestic help such as a spring clean or garden maintenance;
- data or an electronic device,
- food (either through delivery, dining in or as take away);
- support for starting or continuing an interest or hobby that contributes to a person’s wellbeing; or
- other supports that will provide a respite effect or assist with your recovery.
For more information and to apply, visit Grants and Awards | Disability - Community Services (act.gov.au)