Getting back on track...
New Path Service is a mental health recovery program supporting people primarily aged between 18 and 35 (up to 64), whose ability to manage daily activities and to live independently in the community is seriously impacted by mental health issues.
New Path is an early intervention service, supporting people to tackle severe mental health issues before they become a longer-term problem, as an alternative pathway to the NDIS.
During the COVID-19 outbreak, New Path will primarily support you remotely (for example via telephone, email or FaceTime) to keep you, your loved ones and the community healthy and safe. However, where outreach is most needed, some targeted outreach may be provided in line with directions from government.
Some of the things a New Path Recovery Worker can support you with include:
• managing your symptoms of mental ill-health
• safety planning
• engaging with online communities
• preparing for employment or volunteering
• engaging with online education
• connecting with other support networks such as housing and Centrelink
• building life skills including routines and resilience
Who can access the program?
• People living, working or studying in the ACT
• People not eligible for the NDIS and for whom the NDIS is not the most appropriate pathway
Accessing New Path
- For a professional referral (e.g. support service, clinical manager, GP, psychologist/counsellor) complete this referral form here
- To make a self-referral, or for a carer or family member to make a referral, please complete this referral form here
Call: 02 6282 2644
Your feedback on New Path
New Path has online satisfaction surveys where we welcome your feedback at all times so we can ensure that we are providing the highest level of support.
- If you are a New Path participant, please access the survey here.
- If you are a person in the participant’s support network (for example, a family, member, friend or clinician), please access the survey here.
New Path is supported by funding from the ACT PHN through the Australian Government’s PHN Program.