OneLink (part of Woden Community Service) provides a holistic assessment of individuals seeking information and connections for support services in the ACT, including services for families and young people, and services for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
We are seeking enthusiastic and positive Assessment and Support Coordinators to provide a holistic assessment of individuals seeking information and support through the OneLink, Canberra’s central intake service.
- At OneLink you will implement relational and conversational assessment, see people as people, and encourage them to live their best lives through referral and advocacy
- At OneLink we work within a trauma informed and strengths based practice maintaining clients at the centre and respecting them as experts in their own lives
- At OneLink you will be working in a friendly and supportive environment where people and performance are valued. We have developed a highly skilled team that embraces a culture of growth and teamwork
While WCS has two positions available for an immediate start, there will be other opportunities in the future for full or part time roles, and we encourage people to express their interest.
- Full time (38 hours per week), fixed term until February 2023
- Up to 5 weeks paid annual leave
- Paid leave over the Christmas/New Year shut down period, as well as study, domestic violence and community service leave
- Based at Belconnen with travel within ACT to provide outreach services
- Salary packaging up to $15,899 per Fringe Benefits Tax year, with an additional Meals and Entertainment package available up to $2,650 per Fringe Benefits Tax year
- 24/7 Nationally recognised Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including 3 holistic sessions (Nutritional, Financial and Legal)
- Ongoing professional development and a supportive team environment
- Experience working with vulnerable people through case work, referrals and outreach
- Able to use strengths based practice, person centred approaches and trauma informed practice
- Ability to work one weekend a month (penalty rates apply)
- Accurate and efficient data entry
- Working with Vulnerable People Registration
- First Aid Certificate
- Desirable – Degree or Diploma Level in relevant discipline area, for example, Social Work, Community Services, Drug and Alcohol, Disability, Mental Health OR Certificate IV with extensive experience in a relevant field
Under WCS policy, staff are required to have an up to date COVID 19 vaccination. During the recruitment process you will be asked to confirm your vaccination status or approved exemption.
Also to be eligible for employment, you must also have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card, working rights in Australia, and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
A full Position Description is available outlining the knowledge, skills and experience
Prior to submitting your interest we encourage you contact Jessica Aulich, email Jessica.Aulich@onelink.org.au
To apply, if you are interested in joining our Team, please submit your interest with a current resume and covering letter addressing the following questions (one page each):
- Outline your skills and experience working in a high paced, busy environment, and
- Describe your skills and experience in connecting and engaging with people with multiple and complex support needs.
Applications close 26 August 2022 – Apply HERE.
For more information about WCS and services that we provide, including Youth & Family, Community Development, Housing and Homelessness, Disability, Mental Health and Aged Care, please visit our website at www.wcs.org.au .
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.