Woden Community Service (WCS) is a for-purpose organisation that has been providing community-based services for over 50 years. Our vision of ‘A caring community where everyone belongs’ is achieved through our values of Inclusion, Compassion, Hope, Responsiveness, Integrity and Social Justice.
We deliver services across the ACT covering children, families, young people and seniors including disability, housing and mental health services.
In an effort to broaden and diversify our services targeting young and vulnerable people, Woden Community Service (WCS) is proud to launch Social Enterprise, our newest social initiative that aims to equip young individuals facing barriers to employment with on-the-job training and suitable nationally recognised competencies, activities and work-based experience in a supported environment. Our Social Enterprise team provides professional services in the field of catering, commercial cleaning and gardening services.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Cleaner. This position is responsible for responsible for gardening and cleaning activities in commercial and business establishments – offices, schools, childcare centres, community centres and other public or private spaces.
The primary goal of a Commercial Cleaner is to ensure that the premises are clean, safe and presentable for employees, customers and visitors. This role is crucial in creating a positive impression of the establishment and contributes to a healthy and productive environment.
- Permanent Part-time (20 hours per week) appointment.
- Salary of WCS 3 $63,850.96 to $69,679.02 p.a. (pro-rata) depending on skills and experience plus 11% Superannuation.
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per year) plus meal and entertainment cards.
- Paid shutdown leave on standard working days between Christmas and New Year.
- Study leave opportunities.
- 12 weeks paid parental leave.
- National EAP Service.
Experience & Qualifications
- Prior cleaning experience (highly preferred) with a high standard for cleanliness.
- Familiarity with various cleaning equipment, techniques, and products.
- Demonstrated time-management skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritise multiple tasks and keep them moving promptly.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow instructions and adequate literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and measure cleaning fluids.
- Sound knowledge and awareness of the relevant health and safety standards.
- Flexible in working hours, able to work days, evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to maintain and promote a positive image of the work of the social enterprises and their participants to the general community.
A full Position Description is available outlining the knowledge, skills and experience.
To be eligible for employment, you must also have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card, working rights in Australia, and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
To apply, please submit your current resume and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the essential requirements of this role via Seek.
For further information about the role, please contact Amit Makkar, Social Enterprise Project Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: COB 19 January 2024
For more information about WCS and services that we provide, including Youth & Family, Community Development, Housing and Homelessness, Disability, Mental Health and Aged Care, please visit our website at www.wcs.org.au
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.