Woden Community Service (WCS) is a for-purpose organisation that has been providing community-based services for over 50 years. Our vision of ‘A caring community where everyone belongs’ is achieved through our values of Inclusion, Compassion, Hope, Responsiveness, Integrity and Social Justice.
WCS is a child safe organisation, committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of children entrusted to our care. We demonstrate this commitment through embedding of the Child Safe Standards in culture, policies, procedures and practice.
We are seeking a committed and inspiring Room Leader to join our team on a permanent full-time basis. Come and work in a space where the environment is set up to encourage children’s learning, agency and play.
The successful candidate will have Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care with skills, knowledge and experience in the delivery of quality care and education to children based on the Early Years Learning Framework.
If you have a passion for providing a supportive environment for children and families, we’d love to hear from you!
- Permanent, full-time appointment (37.5 hours per week)
- Salary of CSA 4 $59,900.38 – $61,739.25 pa plus 10.5% superannuation depending on skills and experience
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per year) plus meal and entertainment cards
- Broken shift allowance (where applicable)
- Paid shutdown leave on standard working days between Christmas and New Year
- Study Leave opportunities
- 24/7 nationally recognised Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including 3 additional holistic service sessions
- Uniforms, ongoing professional development and a supportive team environment
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma Early Childhood Education and Care.
- A current First Aid Certificate HLTAID004 with Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Advanced skills, knowledge and experience in early childhood development
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills, combined with pro-active hands-on attitude and an excellent comprehension of English.
- Considerable experience in documentation and planning in accordance to with the EYLF.
A full Position Description is available outlining the knowledge, skills and experience.
To be eligible for employment, you must also have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card, working rights in Australia, and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
For further information please email Nishi Chatley: Nishi.Chatley@wcs.org.au
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the essential requirements of this role via Seek.
Closing Date: Sunday, 30 April 2023.
For more information about WCS and services that we provide, including Youth & Family, Community Development, Housing and Homelessness, Disability, Mental Health and Aged Care, please visit our website at www.wcs.org.au .
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.