Woden Community Service (WCS) is a for-purpose organisation that has been providing community-based services for over 50 years. Our vision of ‘A caring community where everyone belongs’ is achieved through our values of Inclusion, Compassion, Hope, Responsiveness, Integrity and Social Justice.
We deliver services across the ACT covering children, families, young people and seniors including disability, housing and mental health services.
We are currently seeking a passionate Marketing and Communications Assistant to provide assistance and support to the Marketing & Communications Team leader in executing day-to-day marketing and communications activities, especially on social media content/scheduling, writing articles and newsletters, as well as onsite events attendance/setup and photography/videography as required.
- Permanent part-time (24 hours per week)
- Salary of WCS 4 $71,364 to $76,537.89 p.a. (pro-rata) depending on qualifications and experience plus 11% superannuation
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per year) plus meal and entertainment cards
- Paid shutdown leave on standard working days between Christmas and New Year
- Based in Woden and travel within Canberra
- Study leave opportunities
- National EAP Service
- Ongoing professional development and a supportive team environment
Experience & Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications, media, events or relevant industry experience, and/or related experience in writing and editing projects (portfolio of relevant previous projects highly preferred).
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills, with ability to write clear and accurate copy, plus excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Sound organisational and time management skills, and high attention to detail.
- Experience with social media management platform (i.e. Sprout Social, Hootsuite or similar) and graphic design tools (i.e. Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud or similar).
- Demonstrated experience in organising and setting up onsite events.
- Ability to work independently and work effectively and collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to exercise judgement and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential enquiries and information.
- Demonstrated understanding of professional boundaries, privacy and confidentiality.
A full Position Description is available outlining the knowledge, skills and experience.
To be eligible for employment, you must also have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card, working rights in Australia, and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
To apply, please submit your current resume and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the essential requirements of this role via Seek.
For further information about the role, please contact Rachel Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: COB 26 January 2024
For more information about WCS and services that we provide, including Youth & Family, Community Development, Housing and Homelessness, Disability, Mental Health and Aged Care, please visit our website at www.wcs.org.au
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.