Woden Community Service is funded under the Commonwealth Home Support Program to provide a suite of entry level aged care services for eligible people.
We are currently seeking applications for the Team Leader of Aged Care position, offering a fixed term full time role. This role is responsible for ensuring CHSP operations- coordination, facilitation, monitoring, and provision of high-quality service delivery, are provided to our CHSP service users. This position excludes Assistance with Care and Housing (ACHA)
- Fixed term full time employment until 31 October 2023, with the possibility of being extended
- SCHADS Level 5
- Training provided with opportunities for career progression
- Generous salary packaging benefits
About the role
- Support the Aged Care CHSP team in their daily operations to ensure high-quality service delivery is provided to our service users, and delivered in accordance with our CHSP contract This includes ensuring the rosters for Transport and in-home services are well-coordinated
- Support recruitment, retention, and workforce planning activities for direct service, and provide supervision to Coordinators
- Respond to incidents, feedback, and complaints, in a timely manner and provide guidance and support to staff.
- Ensure the CHSP operations, embed a Reablement approach in service delivery that build on individuals’ strength and goals, with the objective of fostering greater independence and, where possible, less reliance on care services.
- Actively participate in ongoing quality improvement activities and ensure the team is supported to maintain the service line Continuous Improvement plans and work to the Aged Care Action Plan
- Assist the Manager in Aged Care Services to lead and develop strategies and working plans to improve the efficiencies and financial viability of the direct service program.
- Participate in the on call roster to support staff 6am-9am & 5pm-7pm weekdays.
- Actively participate in working towards the Aged Care Quality and Safety Standards
- Regularly evaluate personal performance and actively seek opportunities to develop professionally and personally.
- Actively demonstrate an understanding of the importance of personal and professional boundaries, ethical behaviour, policies, and procedures.
- Work in accordance with workplace health and safety guidelines and follow WCS’ Policies andProcedures.
- Apply workplace Diversity and Equity principles
- Model WCS’ Purpose, Code of Conduct, Values, and behaviours.
- Apply National Principles for Child Safe Organisations, as applicable for the role.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Manager.
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in Aged Care Services, Disability or similar community services.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills that ensure effective sharing of information and support to staff and participants.
- The ability to work in high pressured environments, with limited supervision.
- Technical training skills, including the ability to use software systems to an excellent proficiency.
- The ability to work with complex participant/support worker situations, forecasting and managing risk within a community services environment.
- Proactive approach to service delivery, including being a motivated self- starter and having the ability to work flexibly and effectively within both a multidisciplinary team and under minimal supervision.
- Commitment to WCS’ Purpose and Values, and follow the WCS Code of Conduct.
- Current COVID-19 vaccination, Driver’s License
If you have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Registration, ACT Drivers licence, access to a reliable, comprehensively insured vehicle and work rights in Australia we would love to hear from you.
Under WCS policy, staff are required to have up to date vaccination against COVID-19. During the recruitment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status or approved exemption.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment psychometric assessment including a National Police Check.
To apply, please submit your application here by 28 October 2022. If a suitable applicant is successful in their application prior to this date the recruitment may close early.
A full Position Description is available outlining the knowledge, skills and experience required.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further, please contact Hope McMahon at Hope.McMahon@wcs.org.au.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.