- Young at Heart and love working with Children?
- After School work available!
- Casual hourly rates from $30.33 to $32.46 per hour, depending on experience.
Woden Community Service (WCS) is a for-purpose organisation that has been providing community-based services for over 50 years. Our vision of ‘A caring community where everyone belongs’ is achieved through our values of Inclusion, Compassion, Hope, Responsiveness, Integrity and Social Justice.
Woden Community Service is a child safe organisation, committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of children entrusted to our care. We demonstrate this commitment through embedding of the Child Safe Standards in culture, policies, procedures and practice.
Our Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) services provide children with recreation-based activities with emphasis on social interaction and a sense of fun in a safe and secure environment. A range of activities are offered including crafts, sports, games, dramatic play, nature based play, cooking and excursions.
What does it take to be an OSHC Educator:
- Passionate about children’s development and engagement, willingness to learn and develop.
- Ability to travel to a range of our locations across Canberra
- At least 3 days a week availability for shifts
- A First Aid certificate will be highly regarded
- Experience working with primary school aged children in any capacity will be highly regarded e.g. volunteer, school leadership roles, clubs and activities.
Casual shifts are available between 2.30 pm and 6 pm, Mondays to Fridays, to support after school hours services.
To be eligible for employment, you must also have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card, working rights in Australia, and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
On the job training will be provided. A full Position Description is available outlining the knowledge, skills and experience.
If you have a genuine interest in working with children and an understanding of children’s development, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, complete our online job application HERE
For further information, please email the OSHC Staffing Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about WCS and services that we provide, including Youth & Family, Community Development, Housing and Homelessness, Disability, Mental Health and Aged Care, please visit our website at www.wcs.org.au
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.